- Antimicrobial or Antibacterial alcohol-free mouth rinse.
- Packaged sterile saline solution with no additives or a non-iodized sea salt mixture. Dissolve 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt in 8 ounces of water. A stronger mixture is not necessarily better.
After washing hands, soak the piercing in a cup of warm saline solution or apply saline solution to a clean paper towel and wrap it around the piercing. Use the saline solution on the piercing 2-3 times daily. When showering, let the hot water run on the piercing for 5 minutes or so. Dry the piercing with disposable paper products (paper towels, etc), cloth and bath towels can harbor bacteria and snag on the jewelry.
- Leave jewelry in and avoid playing with it or snagging it.
- The healthier your lifestyle, the faster your piercing will heal.
- Showering is better than baths are. Bathtubs tend to harbor bacteria.
- Wear clean, comfortable clothing that will not excessively rub on the piercing and will let your piercing breath.
- Only touch your piercing with clean hands, and only when cleaning.
- Please contact your piercer with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Swelling, light bleeding, bruising, and tenderness for the next 3-5 days.
- Light secretion of whitefish yellow fluid (not puss) as your piercing is healing.
- Machined from solid titanium (ASTM F136 6AI-4V EVI).
- Quality lab-created and genuine gemstones
- Internally threaded jewelry is part of the APP standard for initial piercing jewelry: The part of the jewelry that passes through your skin is smooth, and the threads are on the removable end(s), such as balls, gems, or spikes. Internally threaded jewelry avoids any possibility of scraping your tissue with sharp threads, which is especially important with fresh piercings.
- For more information log onto www.safepiercing.org
Disclaimer: This is not to be considered a substitute for medical advice from a doctor. If you suspect an infection, seek medical attention.